Summer is here and COVID restrictions around the world have eased significantly. If you have been feeling that travel itch for a while, now is the perfect time to head out on a new adventure. You don’t have to have a lot of money to go on a fun vacation.
Devon Alexis is a travel blogger who loves to explore new places. Along the way, she’s discovered that traveling on a budget or on a schedule isn’t as complicated as most purists think. Today she shares her top 5 tips for traveling on a budget this summer.
- Trek off the beaten path. Adopting this mindset can save you money in so many ways. Places that don’t see a lot of tourist tend to be cheaper overall. Restaurants and stores that are outside of tourist-heavy areas will be cheaper as well.
- Consider going carry-on only. Many airlines now charge extra for checked bags, so skipping out can save you money on flights.
- Take a night bus or train. If part of your trip involves a long journey, why waste time by traveling during the day? Save time and money on accommodation by sleeping during the journey.
- Have your big meal during lunchtime. This may sound like a weird tip, but take advantage of lunch deals instead of forking over a bunch of money for an expensive dinner.
- Choose accommodation with a kitchen. Whether it’s a hostel or Airbnb, cooking can save you a lot of money on food. Plus, you get to check out local grocery stores and eat how the locals eat.